Purchasing an affordable home in active 55+ communities in Florida is one of the best financial decisions you can make if you are getting ready to retire. Retirement is a stage in life where you’ll have to manage your finances more carefully than ever. Buying a well-designed and efficient custom home that is within your means in 55+ communities in FL lets you save money for other important things such as investments, so you can be financially independent throughout your senior years. Living in a reasonably-priced custom-designed home also gives you some wiggle room for travel and other luxuries that matter.
You will be surprised at how beautiful a 55+ community in Florida can be even if the homes there are affordable. That said, you really have to choose carefully, as not all of these neighborhoods are created equal. There are considerations to keep in mind if you want to find one of the best 55+ communities in Florida. Here are some tips.
- Look for a 55+ Florida community that is strategically situated near the beach as well as amenities such restaurants, shopping centers, and hospitals for convenience. You can’t go wrong with a 55+ community in Florida that is located in Sebastian City’s Indian River County. The area is close to Cocoa beach and Vero beach and it is just an hour and a half drive away from Disneyland.
- The best 55+ communities in Florida are those that have professionally managed facilities and amenities. You will want to live in a 55+ Florida community that offers things such as a community clubhouse, a swimming pool and lounging area, and lawn maintenance services.
- The best 55+ communities in FL are active, friendly, and laidback. Retirement is a time to relax, after all.
- Florida is warm all year round so you don’t have to worry about high heating bills. There is no income tax in the state, either. To enjoy truly affordable retirement living, look for a community with low monthly HOA fees and low property taxes.
Active senior communities in Florida offer conveniences that no other living environments can provide. Active retirees deserve an exciting, low-maintenance lifestyle that they can enjoy in a like-minded community where they can thrive and maintain a high quality of life. Below are some of the many benefits of living in affordable retirement communities in Florida:
- Homes are virtually maintenance free. In active adult retirement communities, fees usually include exterior as well as interior property maintenance. This is true for both purchased and rented dwellings, making living in these types of environments ideal for the aging population.
- Facilities and amenities are built for senior-access. Active senior communities in Florida are specifically designed to serve retirees so accessibility is never a challenge. This means never having to worry about steep stairs and unfriendly home designs that make it difficult to navigate walking aids or wheelchairs. Facilities in these communities are designed with the changing physical conditions of seniors as time goes.
- On-site services and amenities. Senior communities are typically equipped with a range of recreational facilities and amenities, from exercise and game rooms to swimming pools, access to the nearest beach or golf course, and other facilities that serve different hobbies. Some communities even provide easy access services like meal preparation, transportation, dry cleaning and laundry, beauty salons, on-site medical care, medication administration, and more.
- Fixed living expenses. There are numerous affordable retirement communities in Florida that will allow you to manage your expenses easily. Whether deciding to purchase or rent property in a retirement community, you can always select an appropriate package that you can afford, covering everything you may need to live comfortably, from maintenance and utilities to other services that are designed to improve your quality of life while living out your retirement days.